PICK-UP – Please have trash out by 7:00 a.m. to ensure pick-up. All trash must be in tied plastic bags (per Cobb County Solid Waste Ordinance Sec. 102-69). Rates are based on average household waste; persistent excess garbage may require additional charges.
YARD WASTE – We are a household trash service, but as a courtesy we can take up to 5 PAPER yard debris bags (30 lbs. maximum) or bundles per pickup. Bundled tree branches and plant trimmings must be no more than 2 inches in diameter and 4 feet long. No rocks, dirt, stumps, concrete, large tree limbs, etc. We can take customers’ Christmas trees on regular pickup days.
PAYMENTS – Payments not received 10 days after the due date will be assessed a $10 late fee. Accounts more than 30 days past due are subject to interruption. Returned check charges are $25. Bills can be paid on the website using the One-Time Payment option or setting up/using an Online Account created through the Customer Number and Access Code on the statement (both options under the My Account tab); by mailing a check to P.O. Box 440892, Kennesaw, GA, 30160; or through bank bill-pay. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express credit and debit cards. AutoPay with credit or debit cards can be set up through an Online Account or by calling the office. Payments are due Jan. 1, April 1, July 1, Oct. 1. Annual payments may be made with the bill due Jan. 1; multiply the quarterly rate times 4 and subtract $12 for making the annual payment.
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED – It is illegal for us to pick up gasoline, motor oil, acids, liquid paint, tires, etc. We can take paint cans when the paint is dry (add cat litter, dry in the sun, and leave can on ground with lid off next to the trash can). For wet paint disposal, contact www.atlantapaintdisposal.com, 404-333-8763. We can remove furniture, grills, and other large items for a fee (call the office) or can refer customers to a junk removal service we trust: UpUpAndAwayJunkRemoval, Taylor Chastain, 404-909-4183 (mention West Cobb Sanitation referral for a discount). We cannot take appliances, sleeper sofas, deck wood, wooden pallets, rugs, carpet, and construction debris that includes tile, concrete, etc.
EXTRA CHARGE ITEMS – download our policies and extra charge items PDF using the button below
Recycling Policies & Procedures
Recycling is all about doing what is best for our environment. With that in mind, please follow these guidelines to make our efforts together have the greatest impact.
- Remember the Carbon Impact of our Trucks.
- If you just have a small amount of Recycle material, please hold it until your Recycle can is ¾ full. Stopping at every stop and running the Packer increases our Carbon output.
- Please collapse all cardboard boxes allowing us to run the packer less often.
- Please stack cardboard boxes in a way that our crew may easily “Grab & Go”. Some keep an open box and place collapsed boxes in it. Others tie and bundle with string.
- The more efficient our Recycle Run is the less Carbon it produces.
- Always use our “Tippable” Can for everything other than large Cardboard. We require all new customers to use our 65 gallon blue Recycle Can now. If you do not have this can, please look into getting one. Open containers create havoc on windy and rainy days, more stops and more work for our crew.
- Please be SUPER EFFICIENT in following the LIMITED accepted RECYCLE guidelines
(see WestRock Recycle Residential Single Stream Guidelines).
For Recycling, These Items Are NOT Acceptable:
Even though items are marked, “RECYCLE” that does not mean the Cobb County Recycling Center managed by WestRock accepts it.
- Air Filters
- Aerosol Cans
- All Styrofoam – any type
- All Plastic Bags – any type
- Bottle Caps
- Boxes with Plastic/Styrofoam
- Chemicals, Solvents & Oils
- Egg Cartons
- Flooring, Tile, Wood, Construction Debris, Limbs & Yard Waste
- Food Waste
- Glass – any type
- Most Metals (only aluminum cans and steel cans are accepted -clean, empty and without labels)
- Most Plastics (only #1 PET bottles and #2HDPE jugs & bottles are accepted – clean, empty and without labels)
- Paint & Paint Cans
- Pizza Boxes (considered contaminated by grease even though pictured in guidelines)
- Also see: WestRock Recycle Residential Single Stream Guidelines
REMEMBER = Always have your Garbage and Recycling
out by 7:00am or the night before. Pick-up times may change and are at the Driver’s discretion.